Potato Chorizo Hash Recipe
Have you tried our new recipe...Potato and Chorizo Hash?
Why not give it a go for your weekend breakfast, or even lunch? You can buy your potatoes now on our website, or see us at our farmers markets!
Crispy potatoes, flavourful chorizo, runny fried eggs and creamy avo is the perfect easy brekkie or mid-week meal
Serves 4: 2 Adults, 2 Kids
800g Yukon Gold* potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 Chorizo sausages, diced
2 cloves Garlic, peel & lightly crushed.
5-6 sprigs of thyme**, leaves picked
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 Avocado, diced
½ tsp red wine vinegar/lemon juice, optional
¼ -1/2 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
*If Yukon Gold are out of season/ sold out, try Sebago, Andean Sunrise or Maris Piper.
**rosemary and oregano are great alternatives to thyme
Heat oil in a 10 to 12-inch skillet over medium heat add in the potatoes in a single layer.
- After 2 minutes, reduce heat to medium low, add 1/4th tsp salt and continue to cook for a few minutes, turning the potatoes in 5-minute intervals to ensure even caramelisation till almost cooked 15-18.
- If you find the potatoes browning too quickly reduce the heat to low and continue cooking.
- Add thyme, pepper & garlic to the potatoes and mix.
- Add in the chorizo and cook for 5-8 minutes till crispy and potato is cooked through.
- Add the paprika and check to adjust seasoning. Turn off the heat and add vinegar or lemon juice if using.
- Serve hot topped with fried eggs and avocado.
Serve with a side salad and you have a great quick lunch or dinner.
To cut cooking time in half boil the potatoes in advance and you’re all set for super quick and easy brekkie.